A Blog devoted to all things SWC, the greatest college athletic conference. Updated weekly with the SWC Game of the Week during football season. Other relevant SWC News will appear from time to time as well.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

10 Years

What was I doing 20 Years ago?

It was June 1987. My sister had just graduated high school and I just finished the 4th grade. This was my biggest baseball card year. This summer we went swimming alot and played alot of stick ball, the best games in the evenings. I rode my bike all over the neighborhood. I was on the little league all stars, so we played organized baseball all year.

What was I doing 10 Years ago?

It was June 1997 and I was working a summer internship with Lockheed Martin in Clear Lake. They gave me nothing to do. It was boring. It was the summer the Astros won the NL Central title, so that was good. I had romantic interest, but it appears that 10 years later it might have been one sided. It was a pretty boring summer, nothing exciting. I played softball at NASA and hit a couple over the fence, that was fun.

What was I doing 5 Years ago?

It was June 2002 and we were not quite married 1 year and we were planning our trip to New York City, my first time to NY. We were living in Dallas and getting settled into our new jobs / apartment. We went to the pool alot. Nothing else big.

What was I doing 1 Year ago?

It was June 2006 and we found out that we were having a baby! (New romantic interest.) I got a bad review at work and decided I need to change jobs. We were getting ready for our summer trip to Maine. We were living in New York City, but our days there were beginning to be numbered as I polished up the ole resume.

1 comment:

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Yes, my 20th high school reunion is this summer. Gawd, I feel old.